College Nights Scheduled for September 12 & 13, 2016
August 29, 2016
Plano East Senior High and Plano West High Schools will host
College Nights on September 12 and 13, respectively. All Plano ISD students
and parents are invited to attend these events, where 250+ colleges and universities will be represented.
Before You Arrive
- Check the list of colleges that will be in attendendance:
- Some colleges make short presentations to a group in an assigned room. There is a large number of browsing tables where you can visit individually with college reps. Plan your evening so that you can attend presentations that interest you and have time to browse.
- Be open to schools whose
names you’ve never heard of…they
may be the perfect place for you!
Questions for College Reps
- What is the
most important criteria in your admissions process: grades, rank
in class, extracurricular activities, high school
- When is the application deadline?
- How do I find out about scholarships
and financial aid?
- Which majors are the strongest on your campus?
- Does the college
have the major/minor I want?
- Must freshmen live on campus?
- What do I do if I haven’t
chosen a major?
- Is housing guaranteed?
- What is the city or town like where the college is located?
- What is the student-to-faculty ratio?
- What types of extra-curricular activities are there on campus?
- Are there study abroad opportunities?
eNews Table of Contents