The Plano ISD Sockwell Center is used extensively for in-district
training and professional development, and is also available for
rental by non-district organizations. Our spacious and versatile
auditorium accommodates intimate workshops as well as theater-style
conferences. We have networked PC labs and video
If you are interested in holding a meeting or training session
at the Sockwell Center, please e-mail Rosaura Bauman or call her at (469)752-5382.
Ranging in capacity from 20-500 people
Seminar, Workshop, and Theater configurations
5600 sq. ft. auditorium (includes 1/2 and 1/4 area set-ups)
- Full auditorium set-up accommodates up to 500 people
- 1/2 auditorium set-up accommodates up to 250 people
- 1/4 auditorium set-up accommodates up to 60 people
- Meeting rooms averaging 25' X 25'
- Three computer labs (30 desktops) with multi-media capabilities
- Xirrus Wi-Fi Arrays – Strategically located throughout the center, providing lightning Internet speed for laptops, iPhone, iPads and other wireless devices.
- IP Phones – In every room, providing crisp communications for internal and external calls.
- Trinity Video Conference Room – Features state of the art Tandberg 6000 VCS, with the following appendages: Benq Hi- Definition projectors, Sony and Tandberg Hi-Definition cameras, AMX Net-Link 3100 controller with touchscreen.
- Austin Auditorium – Features BenQ Hi-Def projector, projecting onto a 9 x 12 Hi-Def screen. AMX touchscreen panels to select sources such as visual imaging devices, laptops, lighting, and volume.
- Red River Video Conference Room – Features Tandberg Dual Plasma Unit. Captures all TETN broadcast, plus manual dialing and auto-answer connections as well.
- Brazos, Pecos, & Frio Rooms' Computer Labs – 31 desktops per lab with an “Instructor Machine” running Windows 7 and the full Office 2010 suite. All workstations have e-mail accounts and printing capabilities.
- On-Screen Concierge – Two large 60’ plasma screens strategically mounted to show customers where meetings, events, seminars or retreats are being held and directions to find them. Never get lost at the Sockwell Center.
- Business Center – Features workstations great for retrieving e-mail, also scanning, copying and printing capabilities are at your fingertips. Digital faxing is done through the workstations using the Scan/Fax program in Windows 7.
- Beverage service
- Refreshment areas
- Open-air patio for dining
- Copier and printer
- Dedicated PCs to monitor e-mail
Plano ISD Sockwell Center
6301 Chapel Hill Blvd
Plano, Texas 75093
Phone (469) 752-4752
Fax (469) 752-8036
Sandra Fida, Director for Benefits & Risk Management
Virginia Groover, Office Manager
Larry Brown, Technology Facilitator
Wynelle Meskimen, Receptionist